Why NUVHS Online Courses?
Flexible enrollment: Students are able to enroll in NUVHS courses throughout the year. At NUVHS, students can complete a full semester course in as few as four or as many as 16 weeks. Click here to view our academic calendar and choose the term that is right for you!
24/7 access: NUVHS students aren't ruled by school bells or class periods. With online instruction, students can learn when and where they choose. Imagine students sitting on the beach or in a corner cafe, reviewing their notes for a physics class or writing a term paper on marine biology. That's the beauty of online!
Relevant coursework: NUVHS offers a variety of high school core subject, elective, and Advanced Placement courses in an interactive learning environment. As the demand grows for new online courses, NUVHS will expand program offerings to meet the changing needs of students. Click here for the most recent course listing.
Each NUVHS course covers a typical semester's worth of material and is comprised of the following:
- Unit learning outcomes that state the learning objectives students should accomplish throughout a specific unit. Most courses consist of eight units.
- Required reading assignments based on the course textbook and other assigned reading.
- Unit lectures that contain insight and analysis of the unit's topics.
- Discussion boards where students and instructors can communicate ideas and thoughts.
- Assignments for students to complete and submit.
- Course resources that contain readings and documents that assist students in accomplishing unit objectives.
- Project information page with descriptions of and instructions for course projects.
- Availability of interactive software called ClassLivePro, which allows students and instructors to engage in real-time, online voice and video communication.
Affordable Tuition and Scholarships: For the current tuition rates and scholarship opportunities please click here.
Only the Best Teachers: NUVHS employs California credentialed teachers who provide a high level of student support. All NUVHS faculty hold current teaching certification and many have earned graduate degrees. All NUVHS teachers are considered "highly-qualified" under the No Child Left Behind Act. All NUVHS instructors have been trained to work effectively in an online environment and to create a strong online classroom community. The faculty and curriculum developers understand the paradigm of online education and are well-versed in providing the personal one-on-one attention students need to be successful.
Student support: The NUVHS administrative staff monitors the successful achievement of each student's educational goals, their progression through their courses, and their achievement of graduation requirements. Students are provided the support, guidance, and advice needed to successfully achieve their academic and career goals. Partnership with the Student Concierge Services (SCS) provides student support in extended hours and on weekends. For more information about SCS please visit their site here.
Online Library Services: Check out one of the nation's largest e-libraries available through the National University Library System. NUVHS students have 24-hour access to more than 120,000 and 29,000 e-Journals in over 100 databases! Click here to visit the library.
An informational flyer about NUVHS is included on this page. Please feel free to download, print and share it with others as you wish.